Saturday, July 14, 2012

FUN TIMES AFTER THE HEAT WAVE

LIl dog Caity and I have been out already this morning. Yes, it was still dark. I was barely awake, when all I saw were 2 ears, 2 eyes, and her favorite toy yellow peering over the mattress at me. Yellow always gets carried out with us when we go out of the mornings. This is my sign that its time to leave the comfort of my bed. While we were out, we harvested tomatoes from our small garden. Checked on our collard greens, and they are coming along just fine for fall harvesting to my dinner table.

Earlier this week, my dad and some of his friends helped me clean my fence row out. I miss my tree, but it was dying and it was too close to the fence row, branching to close to both our roof tops. So I have one lonely Adirondack chair, and soon I'll pull out my side table, to sit near my grill between the houses. I'll need to set back my nickel, dimes, and pennies to replace my umbrella. I'm making a mental list to buy 4 geraniums today to plant out front. It has been so hot, I put off planting flowers. They would have just died during the heat wave had I bought them earlier, cause I certainly would have not tending to them in the 100+ temps we recently endured.

God is so good, we are enjoying our first weekend after the heat wave! It is so beautiful out! Lil dog and I have plans to go to the park today and stroll around. Its gonna be so much fun!

Yesterday I drove out to the country and bought a peck of nectarines, my favorite fruit! I love driving out to the country. I had K-Love blaring on the radio, and all the windows down. I was praising the Lord and jammin down the road. Of course when I turned into Mr. B's farm, I toned it down. He waited on me and showed me the different grades he had. I told him, "I'm no canner or freezer girl, I just want to enjoy your sweet nectarines!" We talked a bit, (he knows my parents and with his wife, they often talk across the table at the restaurant), and then I paid, then he loaded 2 handfuls more onto my already overflowing peck for good measure. I barely made it to the car!

I told you, everywhere I go, I get blessings! God never fails me! Proverbs 17:9 says it all, and I claim it!

Today is my sweet daddy's birthday! So today, sista and I will head over for homemade peach cobbler and ice cream. Then, we'll give him our gifts and cards. He has such a kind heart, he always sheds a few tears when he reads our cards out loud, and then he thanks everybody. My mom will act like she forgot his card, which is an ongoing joke between them, he does the same thing on her birthday! Ha! "I guess the girls cards will have to suffice, I didn't get a chance to get out and get you anything."  Minutes later, "Here, hand this across to your daddy!" We have lots of fun around the dinner table at my parent's house, always have.

Well, I'm gettin kinda hungry, time to russell up some bacon, eggs, and fried potatoes for breakfast.  Two weeks from today, will be the annual Macedonia Baptist Church BBQ. I'll have lots of pictures, stories of fresh pork skins, and the best BBQ ever to talk about!

Come to the purple door with Flowerchic again! Don't forget to bring your ice tea before you sit down.

Click on the link below for a great tip for summer cooking!

FLOWERCHIC



No comments:

Post a Comment