Monday, July 8, 2013

I SIN, YOU SIN, WE ALL SIN! LET US CALL IT EVEN, AND ABSOLVE OURSELVES!

When studying Romans 6 & 7, I learned some pretty awesome things regarding condemnation. One of the insights I learned is in regard to this mindset of, "Don't condemn me because I sin differently than you do," and how I feel about that excuse, because basically, that is what that statement is all about. It is a defiant, defense mechanisim for being caught in sin. For me, since meditating on condemnation as written by the apostle Paul, it's not just about me taking the beam out of my eye, and you taking the beam out of you eye, it's more than that, because we all do sin, and we all will sin, whether we are the Redeemed in Christ, or not. We don't want to sin, nor is it our goal to sin. But what we all have in common is, we are human, and humans will sin. Guess what? God the Creator knows this about us. It's nobody's dirty little secret. So why are we boasting about our sins, being different than someone else's sin?  Sin is sin! Accept you have been "busted" regardless of who by, and do something about the sin. Simple.

The 10 Commandments, and the laws of God's written Word are guides to our behavior and our lifestyle of how we are to live in right standing with God, and so as not to live our present life, or our eternal life in misery. If we are the Redeemed in Christ, that IS our goal, right? There is a difference between condemnation and conviction to the sinning person's ear. Condemnation sounds like, "You have sinned against the laws of God, and that's it, you've done it now. You or I may have sinned against the laws of God, and that in and of itself, may be a fact, but condemnation adds, that you, nor I will never recover. That is of the devil. The laws of God in His Word, and the 10 commandments will convict you and I when we have sinned, however they add, but by the grace of God, and thru the redemption of Jesus Christ, you and I can repent of our sin, and receive the forgiveness of Christ. 

So let us NOT go around boasting any longer, "I sin, you sin, we all sin." That mindset will not absolve you, nor I of our sin. The sin is a fact, and this kind of talk will not make it go away, plus it is a useless argument with God. As I believe the apostle Paul was trying to teach in Romans 6 & 7, the laws of God are good, they show us the way we are to live the good life God intended for us. We cannot live the laws without God, however, we are not allowed to go on sinning. It is because Christ is the antidote to sin that we can be granted forgiveness of our sins. So let us boast no more of our sin when brought to the light, instead, let us be thankful for the light, as we take our sin to Jesus-who is the light of the world. Be blessed.

FLOWERCHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment