Friday, November 11, 2011

I LOVE TO COOK. ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS COLD OUTSIDE




Today is our first frost. Which means everything in my garden is done for the season. So sad! I had the presence of mind to bring in my scented geranium yesterday before the frost hit last night. The building where I work was all a buzz talking about the end of the growing season and the first hard frost coming overnight. When my lil dog Caity and I were out early this morning you could see the effects. I salvaged 3 baby eggplants and 10 cherry size green tomatoes off my plants. I'll fry the baby eggplants and mini tomatoes for sure. They'll not go to waste. By the way I love fried green tomatoes and am on a hunt to find some much bigger ones salvaged. I have the best cornmeal seasoning ready to do its "thang."

Early this morning I put a cornish hen in the oven in my cast iron dutch cooker and a pot of green beans and potatoes on the stove top. Those green beans are good enough to make me stamp my foot and stamp it more than once. They are that good!  I am so glad my mother and grandmother believed in cooking good food. I cook for nourishment and for fun.

Two household items I am buying me after the first of the year. One, is a new gas stove and the other is a front loading washing machine.  I've put aside all year and it is time to buy. Tomorrow I'm going "looking" and see whats out there.

My oven knob keeps coming off and the stove is just too small. I've been without my washing machine for about 3 months now and have decided not to fix it.  So I'm springing for a front loader without the "thingy" in the middle. That "thingy" is forever tearing my clothes.

Oh for the day of washing my clothes in my own home with dinner in the oven of my new stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment