Saturday, May 5, 2012

Score 2 For Team FLOWERCHIC, Do You Remember That Commercial? God Is Just So Good!

What a great day! Its a Saturday morning. Miss Caity and I have already been out to take care of her, ahem, "Business" between rain drops. Then we decided to see if we could find a groomer to clip her nails, that she refuses to let me do for free. I can do the front ones, but she axes any attempt at the back ones. So we took a misty ride out in the country to search for a dog groomer that I just happened upon the other day. I know y'all won't believe this, but you know how I've been saying God is on Team Flowerchic's side when it comes to blessing? Well, I found out as I was pulling into the parking lot that she clips nails for free the first Saturday of every month. Woohoo! Today is the first Saturday of May! So Caity the dog got her nails clipped for FREE! I had her do a sanity strip for her lil rear end too. The only glitch is you have to visit the candle shop in the other room, where her mother has a business. Had to is probably a harsh word for me, because I love candles. She had a sale going on today, so my Mother's Day gift has already been bought. She is gift wrapping it for me now, and I'll pick my package up in a couple of hours after running errands. Score two for team Flowerchic!


Caity's new BF

Too Yummy @ The Candle Bakery

The Candle Bakery's Baker


Does anybody remember the Heinz tomato ketchup commercial where they tilt a bottle of ketchup over fries as they played that song called, Anticipation? I do, and it was a fact that you had to wait for the ketchup to exit the bottle. It didn't just pour out. The great thing about anticipation is every time you think about what is to take place, you get that "giddiness" inside, that reflects the joy to come. As long as you can stay in that present state, and not slip into despair, you can enjoy the wait till your blessing manifests, as it surely will. Here is a scripture a friend of mine reminded me of yesterday. "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You. Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock." Isaiah 26:3-4 NLT I like that scripture. 



We must be on guard to not allow ourselves to slip into despair when we are praying, and waiting for our blessings to manifest. The Word is a reminder that it is possible to enjoy the wait in faith by keeping our thoughts fixed on the Lord. I know just recently, I became weary in waiting for a prayer request I made the beginning of last summer, but I held on to the fact that God would most definitely show up in the perfect time, and He did just that. The key is to stay in God's Word daily, not as a ritual, but for encouragement. We get bombarded in this walk with so many hardships, and negativity, that without renewing our minds we can almost feel like we are loosing our minds.

I was thinking about the process of waiting in faith, when the following thoughts entered my mind during my meditation time with the Lord. I had the presence of mind to write it all down.

"You can take the hardheaded route, or you can walk with God within His Principles. You can bang your head up against the wall, or you can walk thru the door supernaturally with God. You can have it your way, and receive little or no results, or you can do it God's way and live in abundance. Its really up to you. You can embrace God, or you can reject God. But you can't have it both ways, and receive from God. He can't be both your friend and your greatest foe, in your mind."

COME TO THE PURPLE DOOR WITH FLOWERCHIC and visit with me again sometime. Bring your cup of java and sit a spell. I enjoy talking about the Lord, and how good He is. I guess I'm a lot like my dad. He is always talking about who all he talked to about the Lord during his ripping and running and running and ripping around town. He grabs his "I love Jesus" hat every morning and heads out to his favorite eating place, to see who all he can  find to discuss how good God is. Stay blessed!


FLOWERCHIC


No comments:

Post a Comment