Friday, January 11, 2013

LOVE PLANTED DEEPLY

"Love planted deeply becomes what it ought to be" ~Audrey Assad. I love that about what my love for God can be. I may be going thru some things at any one time in my life, but each time I overcome a situation with God by my side, my love grows as my dependence on His faithfulness grows. When you're in a relationship, and the circumstances of the life you are living together is a crazy mess, your love for one another is not always flashy with presents, phone calls, and an abundance of time together. Sometimes it's just that deep love you have for the other person that is conveyed in a meaningful meeting of the eyes, just as you walk out the door in a mad rush. Sometimes instead of a demand, or a command of something that one of the two of you must do, or it won't get done, that you say one word, "Please" in such a way that conveys, "I just can't go anymore, can you step in? "I know you are tired too, but I really am at my limit." Love planted deeply becomes what it ought to be when the other person simply, silently, does whatever is needed-out of sacrifice in their love for you. To me, that is what this songs means. When the words, "I love you" is known, but may not be spoken constantly, but is conveyed thru action, and is multidimensional is when love is planted deeply and does become what it ought to be.

In His love planted deeply for us, Jesus gave up all that was good, and perfect to become a human sacrifice for us. Think about it. He came in human form, became like us-but without sin, lived among us, in a non-perfect world, so that He could die in our place, allowing us to become one with Father God. Jesus was not made to do this, He agreed to do this. But to do this, He had to be around the stench of our sins. He loved us so much, that He stepped in and took our place once and for all, and pulled Himself and us out of the pit of sin so that thru Him, we would one day reign with Him and the Father! Now that, is "Love planted deeply [becoming] what it ought to be" is all about!

Can't nobody love you like Jesus!


FLOWERCHIC


No comments:

Post a Comment