Friday, July 23, 2010

THE BEAST HAS BEEN CONQUERED

The lawn has been mowed! Woohoo! I mowed yesterday evening. Now I owe Caity an evening walk. She let me know I was neglecting my duty. I kept trying to get her turn into the walkway towards the front steps, after having already visited her "special spot" for the night, and she kept straining against her leash toward our normal route. I stated over and over, "no, Caity, not tonight I have to mow the yard, 'home, home.'" The more I gently tugged on her leash, the stronger she responded by straining in the other direction. She can be a very strong willed for a little dog. Finally she relented. To make amends, I am considering taking her to the park and letting her run some. I'll be her BFF again.

I attempted to blog late last night, but I had computer problems and was not able to connect to the Internet. I had to call tech support to get me back in. You know how you can ask someone if they know how to play the piano, and they say something like, "Not really, or not well enough to brag, or something diminishing like." Then they sit down at the piano and all of a sudden, they pull off a dramatic first note hand stance of Fre'de'ric Chopin, or Sergei Rachmaninoff, or better yet, a git up and dance Little Richard rendition. There you stand with you mouth gaping open thinking, "Boy, I thought you said you couldn't play!" Well, so began my phone call with Verizon tech support. The guy helping me started off saying, "Mam, (as we phonically spell and pronounce it in southern Illinois) I'll try and help you, but I am not technically trained on Apple computers." I'm thinking, oh great...he is going to waste my time...maybe I should tell him not to worry about it, and I'll call back in the morning. But, I really wanted to get online to do this blog and really didn't want to wait. So the encourager that I am, I say, "Oh I'm sure you'll do just fine lets give it a shot!" He proceeded to walk me through the steps of finding the buttons and menus I needed to change or add information to in order for me to get back online, without missing a beat from memory of when he last owned a Mac. The only mishap we had was a "foodie" miscommunication issue. He kept telling me to look for an icon at the top of the screen that looked like a pizza slice (of course I envisioned a slice of Pizza Hut super supreme) but I was looking on my keyboard for a button with an icon that looked like a slice of pizza, which on an Apple is the volume button. Finally, we got on the correct screen. We were searching high and low for that pizza icon! Smile.


My sister Linda is cracking me up as we do the "sister thing" with Farmville. I'm the business major, so of course I approach everything that has to do with money very analytically. She runs a clinic office in her profession, so she does too. She started Farmville a couple of years ago, but very shortly after, decided she was not interested in playing the "silly virtual game." I too thought it was a "silly virtual game" and had decided not to play also, because it was so addictive to some of my friends that no longer e-mailed or made comments on fb anymore, due to their new addiction. So I start playing Farmville. Of course once she hears this bit of news, she begins the head movement from side to side, with the I told you so tilt to her lip, while pressing them sealed tightly together, that older sisters give their much younger sisters when making unwise decisions. The other day, we were strategising which plants we should plant and talking about which plants we did, and did not like to eat in real life. She really loves broccoli and I love asparagus. But neither of us had the points to plant our favorite veggies yet. So I'm rattling on and on about my favorite vegetables I like to eat, which are many, because I love my veggies. After a while I notice I am carrying on a one on one conversation with myself. So, I call her on it, "Are you listening to me?" "What? Shush....yes...hang on a minute" She is running the stats on her desk calculator of what we should plant next. I just LOL! Our worst fear has manifested. We're no better than Job!


Thats all to my daily blog. Hope you had fun visiting and maybe sharing a laugh or two with me. Come To The Purple Door With Flowerchic again, and we'll laugh and ponder the quagmire of life together!


FLOWERCHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment