Saturday, July 24, 2010

PORK RINDS, BOOKS, AND NEW WORDS

My mom called me up to invite me over for pork rinds earlier. They were good as ever. Afterwards she, dad, and I ate popsicles, then bananas. With the exception of Linda, we're banana lovers. Mom found these popsicles at Aldis that she buys mostly for my dad. He absolutely loves these popsicles. She recently bought a new freezer that is not self defrosting. She said she was being fugal at the time. However, she would rethink that decision if she had a chance to make it over again. She used to store the popsicles in the new freezer, but daddy kept going in there for popsicles every other 5 minutes, and frosting up her shelves. So she moved them to the other freezer. He gave her a dirty look for telling off on him.

Linda is the purse goddess of the family. I tried to walk out the door, on my way to the library with her new purse, and she almost did not recognize it on my arm. But she did, and cried, "police," so I had to set it back where I found it. Bummer.

I went to the library today and found four new books to read. Three of them were Harlan Coben books. The titles are, "The Woods," "Long Lost," and "Hold Tight." My friend and barbernista, Lynette recommended Harlan Coben on her wall. Lynette is a self-proclaimed bibliophile. Ha, I typed it without spell check nabbing me on it as misspelled. Did you notice the noun, barbernista? Note, it is not a real word. So don't waste your time hunting down your dictionary. But if Sarah Palin, Barak Obama, George W. Bush can get away with it, then so can I. Has anyone besides me noticed that every republican interviewed on television, since that little mishap was brought to light, uses the refudiate word now? I've been creating my own words long before the three of them, but it was because somewhere down the line, I stopped being able spell correctly. The more I write, the more I use the dictionary and thesaurus.

Oh, the other book I found was by an author named Jennifer Weiner, and the book is, "Best Friends Forever."

Played a little Farmville with Linda today. And other than that, nothing too eventful. The pets did not do anything extraordinary today. Silvia, the beta fish is about half out of water, so its probably time to change out her glass house soon. Hummm...that's it.

COME TO THE PURPLE DOOR WITH FLOWERCHIC soon, and we'll dance the Congo line to the music of life together. Stay safe.

FLOWERCHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment