Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A CRAZY DAY...OUT AND ABOUT WITH CAITY

Whew...what a day! There is nothing like powering thru a crazy day and still maintaining your sanity. I won't go into my crazy day too much, in fear of scaring you all off. This being my very first blog and all.

I started my day taking my little dog Caity out early this morning around 6 o'clock, and we walked our usual route, except I decided we both needed to enjoy the world around us. We took it nice and slow. Caity sniffed every single trash can down the alley. We turned the corner heading west down 10th Street. She watched cars go by on their way to work. She tried to chase a bird, but soon remembered she was attached to a leash. She sniffed the grass, saw a butterfly, a guy out walking across the street waved hi to us, which happens to us quite a bit. Meaning people seem to enjoy watching Caity. I think it is the way she carries herself when we are out walking. She is such a happy, bouncy little thing, it's kind of contagious.

Whenever Caity is out uummm taking care of business in her special spot, people actually stop their cars. I'm like, "A little privacy please." Caity just looks up at me with a pained look that say, "Mom, make them go away!" Then I think to myself, Caity, they just think you're special." O.K. as a true pet owner, I actually speak these words to her. I admit it. Sometimes my sister Linda will interrupt my relaying to her our Dianne/Caity conversations, to tell me, "Now Dianne, did Caity really say and understand all that?" Which only irritates Caity and I because, of course we understand each other. Anyone who has a pet in their home, who is a part of the family, knows this to be a proven, scientific fact!

Anyhoo, I digress. Next, we go by a business that Caity especially enjoys, because it has a broken glass pane at the bottom of the door. You know, the really thick glass, not like the kind in most homes. She is fascinated by that door. She always looks inside, and the way she prances, and sniff around, I can tell there is something quite exciting scurrying around in there. Of course, I'll never know, since it is at small dog eye level. The top half of the door is blackened off, so I can't see whats going on inside. I always walk away feeling that if she and I ever did go inside, and it was dark, where we needed a flash light, that it would be our very own Caity and Dianne Nancy Drew moment. There would be rats scurrying around, squeaking, then there would be a loud thud...are you with me? Of course we would be fearless and venture onward. Although, our story line differs just a tinsy bit. I would have my stun buddy with me and a taser, and a pocket knife, accompanied by sometimes "crazy dog Caity.' After a while both our Nancy Drew moment wanes and we carry on with our walk.

After that, devotions, morning java, breakfast for the kiddies and me. Farmville, I'll have to share that later, broken lawn mower, a check on the tomatoes, and artichoke. Oh need to water them as well as flower plants tomorrow.

Ah, the rest I won't get in to. I am a pretty positive person, so there won't be much doom a gloom here. I like to laugh too much. My greatest hope is that I will never bore you.

If you get a chance come back to the purple door and visit me, Flowerchic! That's all one word. Spell check does not like my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment