Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another Dog Day Of Summer, And Because He Loved Me First

Uh-wee! It's hot outside! The temperature has been at 106 degrees today! I can only imagine what August will be like. In my neck of the woods, these are August temps, not June's. When I got off work my car was so hot on the inside, it was cooler to just roll all the windows down and drive fast!

However, as I was driving to get me an ice cold, freshly brewed tea at my favorite place, I witnessed a dog walking down the street that had its tongue hanging out, and was more like staggering than walking. I could not get out of traffic, and I was almost at my spot, so I decided I would get us both a drink. So I told the owner what I was doing and she gave me 2 tubs of water with lids for the dog and me-my ice tea to go. So I back tracked down back streets till I found the dog. Oh, it was wringing wet. So I gave him his water at what looked like his back yard, by the road. He drank a little of it and walked on down the road. I noticed that he had tags. Where I am at, if you pick up a dog with tags, you can be charged with dog knapping, so I called him back and put my finger in the water to entice him again, and he drank some more ice cold water. Then he did the sweetest thing, he rubbed up against my leg, to say thank you-I guess. I was really mad at his owner, then I wanted to call the pound to pick him/her up.  Next, I wanted to open the back door and bring him home, where it was air conditioned. But I knew I couldn't. I have 2 pets already. He was someone else's dog, just out for a stroll, not realizing it was 106 degrees.

When I got home to my 2 pets, one who came from a shelter, and the other who had been rescued once from a kill shelter by a rescue agency, then from another rescue agency, where I adopted her, I thanked the good Lord for watching out for the all the disenfranchised ones. The first thing that hit me when I opened the front door was a blast of cold air.

Its so weird, this is the 2nd dog in the last month I have stumbled upon and tried to help. The first time I did call the pound on. The thing is I called twice at two different time for the first dog. Once on my way back to the office from lunch, but when I called back later, the officer said he was not able to find him. Then, I found him again about 2 weeks later a block from my house. He had tags, but would not come to me. He was worse for ware from the first time I tried to get him help. So I called again. I haven't seen him since, but I prayed for him wherever he was.

I guess I'm just an ole softee! But the way I see it, I would be the same way myself, dependent on the kindness of strangers in a very cruel world, if God had not sent His Son Jesus Christ to save me. Because He did, and Jesus accepted me, my life is so awesome as a result. Below is the lil dog featured in my blog header! This is the picture taken with her first rescue fur mommy! She rescued, then called Missy, from the kill shelter. Then Jill, her second rescue fur mommy advertised her for adoption. Jill and I had been e-mailing back and forth looking for me a Yorkie. I had saved all my nickels and dimes, and bought all the items my soon to be adopted doggie would need. I just needed to find "the" dog. The dog I wanted to adopt, another lady had decided not to adopt, then changed her mind and decided to adopt, which broke my heart. Then I refused to adopt online. Then Jill apologized, and said she had a friend who had rescued a dog and sent me this picture of then Missy!
I e-mailed her back, "She's the one!" Boy was she one stinky lil dog! Three baths later, and a firm stand, Caity emerged as the happy dog above. When I brought her into the house, she hated everybody, to the point I actually had to pray about whether to send her back or keep trying. God put it on my heart to keep loving her. Every chance, every turn, I just loved her, but I still remained firm I was in charge. Finally she emerged as the most loving, gleeful dog ever, who loves my cat to distraction, and is a fierce protector of me and Ziggy the cat.



Love changes everything! Come to the purple door again and visit. I promise an ice cold glass of tea and a cool spot near a fan. 

FLOWERCHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment