Saturday, June 23, 2012

Are You Ready To Party All The Way With God?

There are those within the rank of believers, that are not quite sure if they're ready to P-a-r-t-y all the way with God or not. Some have sided with those who are not followers of Christ, and deemed that God is not only not "politically correct," God is not a legal citizen of this country, and He-God is a lawbreaker of this "great" country of ours.

God is the Creator of heaven and earth and everything therein. Yet there are those that actually believe that God has no say in what He has created.

"Let them praise the LORD for his great love and for the wonderful things He has done for them." (Psalm 107:8 NLT)

I recently heard a once prominent  minister, who denounced his belief in Christ, but has since started his own church say to the media on TV, "Our church believes in God, and we believe the bible, we just don't take it literally." I thought, how do you do that? It's impossible to believe anything, but not literally. My next thought was, "What kind of believer in Christ follows this guy?"

Then my thoughts turned to political candidates and this next round of elections.

I believe as a Christian, we as a whole have got to refuse to elect officials who disregard God, thinking it doesn't matter what their moral character is as long as they are the same political party as we are, or the same race as we are, or the same culture, or the same generational nationality as we are (if they are currently a U.S. citizen, I'm good.) They can be all those things, but they have to have the moral compass of God, it does matter. Their policies will reflect their beliefs. Once something is put into law, we as a country have to live with that law-some things can be difficult to stomach, and four years is a long time. Some areas as a Christian voter, I can agree to disagree on, but those fundamental Godly values that are flat out addressed in the bible, and are being mishandled, I can't vote for. And when I watch someone twist the Word of God to justify their actions, and I know from reading God's Word myself, that they are manipulating the Word for justification, I am not only furious that they think they are crafty enough to "play me," but I decide right then and there to place my vote with God. I'm praying for Godly wisdom on whom God has designed for the forthcoming elections. God has made a choice. They more than likely will not be perfect, but they will have a heart that not only beats with the same rhythm as God's, but also has a dedicated heart that breaks for God. My political party-The United God Party, consists of these kind of men and women.

Be especially sure to click on the link below and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CANPGvvq1gE&feature=colike


FLOWERCHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment