Friday, April 27, 2012

I Think God Is A Fashonista, Sushi Is My BF, Shabbat Shalom Everyone!

Whee, finally walking in the door after work! Not that it was all that busy today, but I did a lot of fun running around right after work. One of the fun things I did was hit my favorite consignment shop. They have really cool clothes, shoes, and handbags. I found an awesome barg-a $53 designer cardigan for $20. It's aquamarine and white, with 3/4" sleeves, and pretty aquamarine buttons. I've learned not to put off buying certain colors or pieces of outfits, just because I don't readily have something to wear an item with. This is a good thing, cause I was thinking I would have to order a tank to go with it, when I realized my mom had gone to one of her haunts, and found a $3 white tank for me earlier. Now where can you find a one of a kind outfit like that for $23-nowhere!

So, I've been on this kick to live a balanced life within my budget, so that I can retire rich :-) And, I have been paying my tithes, and having talks to God about helping me stay on target. People, I am of a strong mind that God is a true fashionista! Remember the tent of meetings and Solomon's Temple? I'm telling you, God is with team Dianne. I stumble upon bargain after bargain. Not only at consignment shops, but be it at a flea market, a junk store, or a farmer's market, as well.

Unfortunately, this balanced life within a budget means I must adjust to eating sushi out only twice a month, on the lunch menu. But that's O.K. because sushi for lunch, which btw is my BF, can be inexpensive if you know how to order. God is just so cool! I think He loves a good bargain and good food too! Its no wonder I'm a Jesuschic!


Spicy Crab Roll at Jasmine's-Crab, asparagus, avocado, rice, masago, black sesame seeds, and spicy mayo.
It's supposed to rain tonight! I've got the window in the living room wide open, waiting on the rain to come. When it starts, I'm moving up front with my Agatha Christie book! Of course the pets will follow. Ziggy will lounge on the couch arm with me, and Caity will curl up in the pet chair, that she had a "fit" on and ripped the stuffing partially out of the seat, which has now been temporary mended, and sits under the window. I so wanted to BBQ a chicken on the grill tomorrow, but the forecast is for more rain. I checked Daisy the pug's forecast for pets, and she says more rain is headed our way! Boo! Double boo! I took this video with my iPhone of this tree near my home dancing with the wind just before it rains (allow the video a second to play, then pause it to allow it to completely buffer, before you hit play again. I just learned this trick of how to buffer a video today!) Caity and I were mesmerized by the tree dancing with the wind. I thought it was relaxing to watch, so I'm sharing it with you. Of course if you are afraid of storms, this will not be relaxing to you. We've had so many storms in our area lately, that they no longer bother me in that way. What can you do but prepare and pray. Now I embrace nature at work. Isn't it fascinating! 




Oh well, I have a new recipe for lasagna that I also wanted to try out. I can do that where its safe and dry indoors. Either way, I'll be puttering around my kitchen having fun cooking. Picture to follow later!


This morning my bible study covered Psalm 37 and Galatians 4. I love Psalm 37. It is one of my favorite psalms. I also enjoyed reading Galatians 4. Both chapters are full of reassurance from God during trials and tribulations, we all face at some time in our lives. They give us Godly principles of how to "deal," and convey God telling us we are not alone, for He see, He hears, and He knows what we are going thru. Not only does God provide us with The Plan, (Christ as our redeemer) He provides us with Principles to work along with The Plan. His Principles will not give us mediocre results, but successful results! Call on Jesus! Woohoo!  I believe the principles spoken of in Psalm 37 to be the same principles Christ stood on when enduring the ordeal with the angry crowd, the guards, and Pontius Pilate that lead up to His crucifixion. Be a God imitator!


Yesterday, I also read up on the greeting, "Shabbat Shalom." I was curious what Shabbat Shalom meant, so I looked it up on Ask.com. Here is what I found. "Shabbat is the Jewish sabbath. Unlike Christians who celebrate the Sabbath on Sunday, Jews celebrate the day of rest beginning Friday evening at sun down throughout Saturday night when three stars are visible. Shabbat is a day of rest, honoring and keeping holy the day to remember the act of creation and the rest that followed the six days of creating. The ideal Shabbat is restful, complete break from the work of the other six days, filled with peace. Shalom, as you know, is the Hebrew word for peace. Shabbat Shalom is a greeting that means 'May you have a peaceful Sabbath." Right now it's 7:12 p.m. where I'm at, so Shabbat Shalom everyone!


COME VISIT THE PURPLE DOOR WITH FLOWERCHIC again! As always, you're more than welcome to grab a cup of java, sit awhile with me, and rest yourself. 


Caity the lil dog and my resting bench at the park
FLOWERCHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment