Monday, February 21, 2011

SOME GIRLS WERE JUST BORN WITH GLITTER IN THEIR VEINS.

It's true. Actually, I believe every "gurl" is made with glitter in her veins.  It twinkles in my veins when in the groove with Dianne's kind of music, when I am being creative and making a special, one of a kind greeting card for a friend or family member, when I am putting together a photo book for my family reunion, when I am writing a poem and lose track of time and its just me and God, when I'm cooking up a storm in my kitchen, it is in there when laying on my bed napping and all my animals jump on the bed at once for belly rubs, hugs, and kisses, and affirmations. It runs through my veins when I am laughing and giggling, and not all is perfect in my world.

Pastor Pinnock said something on her wall once, about being watchful of who you allow in your circle. I have a personal saying, "Dianne, be your own best friend by making conscience choices of what is best for your life."  A few years back I worked for a company where  everyday was a nightmare to show up to.  I had a four supervisors as my nemeses. They were the most miserable people I have ever had the misfortune of being around. So one day I decided to pray over this particular one individual on a continues basis at work and during devotions.  It was so weird, because I said to God, "This guy would make a great Christian."  Haven't you met unbelievers that have good qualities that are being used for Satan, and if only they could grasp hold of God, their lives could miraculously change for the better, and be an asset to the Kingdom?  Well months went by, and then one day he just walks up to my desk to tell me he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior.  I was like, "What did you say?"  I mean I obviously heard him, but I was just shocked.  Cause I was thinking it would take God a lot longer to turn him around. He said he was tired of it all and wanted something better.  So I'm thinking one down and three to go.  Well the other three did not turn their lives around before we all parted ways.

But this one supervisor taught me so much about how not to let miserable people and situations suck the life out of me.  I had this one that would come in my office area and yell and scream, and leave crying every time.  After she left, I would open my bible and read a Psalm or something out of Proverbs and make a point of going about my day. It was a tough habit to develop, but I eventually started seeing results.  He and another Christian supervisor would come in later and tell me to keep doing what I was doing, and eventually she would figure out it was harming her more than me, to act out.  The nemesis turned mentor, had been a tormentor of others for so long, he knew the one thing a miserable person cannot handle is your ability to hear what they have to say, the way they say it, and not internalize it. Do what you are supposed to do, and live your best life. "You choose your drama, but I don't have to, I can take another path. I always have a choice.  No one can take my choice away from me."

That company eventually closed its doors.  On the last day, I hugged my nemesis turned friend in Christ for the last time.  I turned off my light, closed my door with a smile inside out, and drove out of that parking lot without a backwards glance.  My satisfactions was finding out how to use Godly principles with God by my side.  God had used my enemy to bless me.

That is why my iPod with my Jesus chic music on it, and my podcast of different sermons, and why I wanted my iPhone with my bible application so badly, and was important for me to obtain.  See I am not your business as usual person. I don't play reindeer games.  I did not have a "feeling" as the song says, I knew God was watching me. To turn from business as usual, you have to have Godly tools to turn to.

From that experience forward, I have the realization that this "gurl", has glitter in her veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment