Sunday, February 6, 2011

SUPER BOWL TAX SUNDAY, PET WHIPPED, & SUNDAY SIESTA

I got up later than usual this Sunday morning in order to get my taxes done for free!  The State of Illinois has a grant that provides free tax service on a first come, first serve basis every year on Super Bowl Sunday.  I got in and out pretty quick once they got started.  Thats another checkmark off my to do list.  So, 2010 is officially over.  Gooooood riddance!

Sista had to go to Wal-mart, so I tagged along for the ride.  We got groceries, and we both got our hair cut while we were there. Very convenient that Wal-mart.

Ziggy and Caity are sprawled out in front on the heater as I type.  They are staring at the heat coils, together.  Who would have thunk, they would have become buds, when I first brought Caity home.  Caity hates cats,  she has grown to like Ziggy, but only because he lets her chase him.  The other day, Ziggy turn the tables on Caity.  He started chasing Caity though the house.  For a split second, Caity turned around to make sure she was really being chased by the cat (to her surprise.)  Then turned back around and ran for her life!  As if to say, "This is new, whats gotten in to you?  You'll never catch me!"

Sista does not have any pets.  She is amazed that the pets and I know what each other are  thinking.  My friends with pets are amazed that she is amazed.  They are like, "Duh, of course we do!"  And, I am like, "I know!"  "How can she not know this!"  Yesterday was Girlfriend's Day Out.  A group of church friends get together when we each can once a month for lunch.  As we started getting our coats on, we were saying how we had to rush off to let the dog(s) out, or feed the pets, while Sista just shook her head.  She thinks we are pet whipped.  I guess we are since my friend Suzanne and I took doggie bags home to share with our animals, Red Lobster, no less.

I've been invited to a Super Bowl party for non-super bowl fanatics, where instead of watching the game, we play cards and board games.  I should have left 30 minutes ago.  But all I want to do is enjoy a Sunday siesta and read some more of my book.

A good rest is what I've decided to have.  So sleepy.  COME TO THE PURPLE DOOR WITH FLOWERCHIC next time...and I have no idea what we'll talk about.

Viva La Siesta!  La Chicka FLOWERCHIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment