Monday, February 14, 2011

WHAT'S HAPPENED TO CHEWING GUM, IS THERE ANYTHING IPHONE CAN'T DO, IS GOD SMART OR WHAT!

I bought a pack of that gum that changes flavors mid-stream while you are chewing it.  It's called Stride Shift, berry flavor.  As Forrest Gump would say, "It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get!"  It costs $1.29 for a package of 14 pieces of sugar-free gum.  Wow.  That buck twenty-nine goes towards not only the gum, but the nifty package it comes in.  Nothing like the old, easy to open Spearmint gum packaging.  It comes in a star burst of bright, cheery colors with slots for holding individual pieces, and get this, a lid with a close slot to keep your gum inside the package, instead of all over your purse/pocket.  When you open the special packaging, you get a whiff of wonderful smelling berries.  Talk about the Full Monty experience.  This piece I'm chewing right now tastes totally different than the last piece I finished.  You can even blow mini bubbles.  I'm having a much milder version/experience than those in the commercial though. (:

I used my iPhone to follow the scriptures in yesterday's church service.  While waiting for church to start after set-up, I opened my iPhone and did my reading plan from my Holy Bible application on my phone.  This is a great application you can download for free.  Mine, the YouVersion is set-up in The Message version.  It has highlight capability, note taking, which I used today in my bible study to jot down things God enlightened me on, notes of others who commented on maybe that specific verse, and it awards you a badge at the end of your studies, if completed.  Too cool.  I can do my bible study anywhere, anytime of the day, and it fits in my purse.  Easy and no excuses.  That is one of the reasons I wanted this phone. Technically, I can have my own praise and worship service with my iPod and my own church service with God on my iPhone.  Is God smart or what!  Get out!

I found something in the Word today.  Of course we all have read it more than once, especially if you take renewing your mind as a life long commitment.  But each time I read His word, things become clearer.

Luke 6:22 "Count yourself blessed every time someone cuts you down or throws you out, every time someone smears or blackens your name to discredit me.  What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort, and that that person is uncomfortable."   I meditated on that and said, "Yet, we always take it personal God.  Like their rejection of us is due to something wrong with us, how sad."

Verse 23 says, "And know that you are in good company, my preachers and witnesses have always been treated like this."  To me, that is Jesus saying, "Pfft...get over it, know it, and don't let it bother you!"

Verse 31 "Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior:  Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them!"  This is where JFK got his "famous" line.

Verse 35 "I tell you, love your enemies.  Help and give without expecting a return.  You'll never-I promise-regret it.  Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we are at our worst.  Our Father is kind, you be kind."

My favorite is Luke 6:26 "Popularity contests are not truth contests."  Now is that something to chew on or what? (:

COME TO THE PURPLE DOOR WITH FLOWERCHIC next time, because we discuss profound stuff here!  Enjoy your life till next time!

FLOWERCHIC

No comments:

Post a Comment